Did you ever feel the temptation of buying medicines from an online website to reap benefits of the heavy discounts? It is not that you will be deceived whenever you buy medicines online but with little bit of caution and care, you can stay safe online. There are several pharmacy websites which are legal and which provide you with enough privacy and convenience and also protects you against buying the wrong medicines.
Nevertheless, the US Food and Drug Administration warns you that there are several shady online pharmacies which claim to sell authentic drugs while what they offer is nothing but fake. Can you buy Tramadol without a prescription? If you are worried about this, you have to stay aware of the shady and untrustworthy sites which can wreak havoc in your life. How can you differentiate between a legal and an illegal pharmacy?
A rogue online pharmacy – What signs prove that they’re shady?
Due to the popularity of so many rogue online pharmacies, here are few red flags that you should remain aware of:
- A pharmacy which doesn’t have its US state license and which is unable to answer all your queries
- Offer heavy discounts on medicines which seems to be too good to be true
- Sends you uninvited mails luring you to offer cheap medicines
- Are located abroad or which ship products throughout the world
Such pharmacies may be categorized as dangerous as they usually sell medicines which may:
- Either too little or too much of the main ingredient which is needed to treat the condition
- Not comprise of the right active medicine ingredient
- Contain wrong ingredients which can have bad side effects
Remember that the active ingredient is something which makes the medicine effective for the specific illness for which it is meant. The medicines might not have been stored in a proper way such as the required temperature controls.
What are the signs of a safe pharmacy?
Now that you’ve become aware of the ways in which you can recognize a shady pharmacy, let’s check out the things that you should watch out for in a safe online pharmacy.
- They will ask for a valid prescription written by the doctor or some other health care professional
- They should be licensed by the state board or some state agency
- They shouldn’t appear on the List of Not Recommended Websites from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- They have a American state licensed pharmacist who can give you the right answers to your questions
- They are based in the US and they offer you a valid street address
One more way in which you can check their website is by taking a look at the NABP or National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and look for the VIPPS Seal. When you have this seal, this means that the online pharmacy is safe to be used and it has met all the licensing requirements.