The main idea of drug testing is to provide you information about past and current substance use to medical providers, law enforcement agencies, employers, schools and other institutions. Nowadays, teens tend to get drug testing as frequent as adults are.
Testing is crucial because it will help you protect public safety, as well as the safety and health of an intoxicated person. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2012 more than 10 thousand people took their lives due to drunk driving.
Due to roadside testing for alcohol and drug use, police can inspect drivers who are under intoxicating substance or influence before they harm others and themselves too. Before you decide to continue, you should check a list of companies that drug test so that you can get familiar before you start searching for work.
Even though drug testing cannot assess the level of impairment or the ability to perform the current task, it can provide an accurate reflection of the presence of a drug in your body, as well as the content of substances in the bloodstream, based on the type of test you perform.
Tests can easily detect these substances:
- Anabolic Steroids
As you can see, there are many legal and illegal substances that a screening test can quickly detect. However, because a drug test is not accurate too much, it is essential to check the results double before you make the false assumption that could affect someone’s life and future.
Why Do People Perform Drug Tests?
We can differentiate between numerous reasons why should someone administer a drug test. According to recent years, drug testing became common in public schools, as well as in some districts for the following reasons:
- To check for the use of drugs that could enhance athletic performance such as anabolic steroids
- To qualify for participation in extracurricular activities and sports
- To ensure the sobriety of students that drive
- To test students who are on probation
- To reduce drug-related crimes and substance abuse through random testing
If you want to learn on effectiveness of student drug testing, click here.
Another reason for drug testing is in the workplace. Employers have to conduct a drug test with the idea to determine whether the current employee has a history of substance abuse or if it’s under the influence of some drug during the working hours.
On the other hand, law enforcement agents can efficiently perform a blood test, breathalyzer test or urine drug test with the idea to determine whether an individual who has erratic behavior is intoxicated.
The most common reasons for performing these kinds of drug tests are:
- Pre-employment Screening – For most employers, especially if federal or state government have regulation when it comes to that, the drug screening is one of the conditions for employment. If you want to ensure a safe workplace, or to protect public, prevent injuries to employees and if you know that someone from your staff has a history of drug abuse, you will be able to avoid it by conducting drug test before employment.
- Suspicion Of Intoxication – Police can easily test people who are behaving violent, unsafe or in any unusual manner so that they can determine whether they are in danger to others and themselves. Roadside testing for alcohol and drug can quickly help you to determine whether a driver is impaired or not.
- Random Workplace Testing – Some employers have company’s policies that regulate that employees must take a drug test at any time. This will allow your employer to screen for alcohol and drug use, even if he/she didn’t have any suspicion that an employee has been using anything. Employers can select their staff based on a lottery system, while in some states there are specific regulations on when and how employers can conduct drug testings.
- Medical Screening – For example, if health providers thing that patient has intoxicated substance in his/her system, they can easily perform screening test for these reasons. Drug tests are also necessary because doctors can easily determine the course of treatment, especially for patients that look weak, disoriented, confused, combative or unconscious.
- Drug Test After Accident – After vehicle accident or another type of accident that causes property damage or injuries, law enforcement agents, as well as medical personnel, can efficiently perform toxicity screen with the idea to determine whether driver used drugs or alcohol and whether this was the reason for an accident./ This information is valuable due to legal purposes such as insurance claim, or if you want to plan appropriate treatment afterward. Everything you should know about drug tests after accidents is on this website: https://www.yourdrugtesting.com/post-accident-drug-testing/.
The test can prove or disprove that some individual is using drugs or if he/she is under the influence of alcohol. If you have a false accusation of intoxication, you will be able to perform drug test to verify your sobriety and to clear yourself against legal charges.