The proliferation of easy consumption options of cannabis like cookies, gummies, brownies, caramels, hard candies, chocolates, rice crispies and many more have made it easier for patients to take cannabis medications. Other than edibles several other methods like tincture, vaporiser pens and smoking pipes are also available. The one taking CBD as medication must know the dosage perfectly so, that the consumption does not make the user high. Let us look at some important things that should be kept in mind to decide right dosage for the intake of cannabis.
- Deciding the mode – Several modes of intake are available like as edibles, tincture, smoking and other topical methods. The user may choose the intake mode according to the need and suitability. Sometimes, smoking may not be preferable as it causes heavy coughing due to throat agitation.
- Finding the ratio – Various products of cannabis are available which have different amounts of CBD and THC. The user must know the exact amount of medication to be taken to avoid any health issues.
- Beginning – If the person is a beginner or not much experienced then he/she should go for low dosage in begnning. High dosage may affect adversely.
- Per Day amounts – If somebody is not used to taking higher amounts of medication, then they should go for few small doses over the course of day rather than one big dose.
- Never on an empty stomach – The medication should never be taken empty stomach as it may produce harmful effects on body. One may take the cannabis when done with the intake of light food stuffs. Empty stomach medications are not at all advisable.
- Do not overdo – Overdose is not at all advisable to any user whether the health issue is severe or not. Overdose may cause lethal results. Overdose may even result in death if not treated on time.
- Side effects – Before the medication starting, one must be aware of the side effects if any. Sometimes side effects are as severe as lung damage. Also, one must be aware of their body types or any allergy. Thus, make sure you are purchasing from the top stores like http://www.cbdoilonline.co.uk.
- Consultation – Before taking any medication, one should consult the medical practitioner. Especially if one has a history of drug abuse, alcohol or are pregnant.
Cannabis is biphasic in nature. Biphasic means the substance which may produce opposite effects if taken in smaller or larger quantities then prescribed. Thus, knowing the perfect dosage is essential.